Hotel Ballast Wilmington
About the Venue
Wilmington’s Favorite Waterfront Hotel – Hotel Ballast
301 N Water St
Wilmington, NC 28401
Group rate: $175 plus tax per night.
Hotel parking: $15/day
Bringing modern Southern hospitality to life through the lens of Wilmington’s past and present, Hotel Ballast is a fresh take on a beloved riverfront gem. The city’s rich maritime history is felt throughout, balanced by new guest experiences, including dining at the riverfront Board and Barrel Coastal Kitchen, lingering over locally roasted coffee at Buffalo Bayou, and savoring stunning waterfront and skyline views from 272 newly upgraded guest rooms and suites.
A free shuttle will be available from Wilmington International Airport (ILM) to the Hotel Ballast.
Visa and Customs
- Visitors who are citizens of certain countries are required to have an entry visa in order to visit the United States (U.S.). The list is available at: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/visa-wizard.html
- Participants who require a U.S. visa are encouraged to start the application process EARLY. Processing time varies by country and embassy or consulate. Some visas have a processing time of 1-2 months.
- For more information, please check with your travel professional, or visit http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en.html. U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Cultural
Letter of Invitation
- Full name, as shown on your passport – Indicate FAMILY NAME in ALL CAPS
- Institution or Company
- Complete mailing address, including COUNTRY
- Email address
- Travel dates to/from YOUR COUNTRY
- Title of your abstract or presentation, if applicable
IMPORTANT: If you do NOT receive an email confirmation within 24 hours, FAX a copy of your email message to +1-508-457 2194.
Requests for Letters of Invitation are verified against your Buoy Workshop 2020 registration or submitted and approved Abstract of the planned Presentation at the Workshop. We will send you an electronic (PDF) copy of the Letter of Invitation via email, usually within 2-3 days.